When discussing aloe vera benefits, some people think that aloe vera is just good for hair, skin (moisturizing, treating burns, sunburn) and face (acne). In fact, it is one of the many herbs that have many benefits and have been used frequently by a lot of people as natural remedies for many diseases including inflammation related diseases.
Where does Aloe Vera’s Healing Properties Come From?
Aloe vera, especially its translucent inner gel is the one that is important and has various health benefits because it contains substances with many medicinal properties and nutrients. Today, the inner gel of aloe vera can be found in different products such as aloe vera juice or drink, capsules or supplements, extracts or powders, and lotion or cream.
Those anti-inflammatory agents, pain relieving properties, and the immune system booster that are found in aloe vera make this plant become very beneficial in the treatment for inflammation related diseases.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
Canadian Pharmacy knows some examples of the diseases that can be potentially treated with this natural remedy:
- The ones that are related to the skin: dermatitis, herpes, and eczema;
- Inflammation that happens in the gastrointestinal tract: crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), GERD (acid reflux or heartburn), gastro-enteritis, and haemorrhoids;
- Urinary bladder inflammation: interstitial cystitis;
- It happens because of immune system disorder: rheumatoid arthritis and asthma and many more;
- Based on the study that is conducted by Dr. Jeffrey Bland, it shows that this natural remedy is able in improving the protein absorption or digestion and colonic activity, balancing the levels of acid, and lowering bowel putrefaction in a week only when it is taken internally.
This improvement of the digestion and elimination will help reduce chronic inflammation and potentially reduce the pain in our shoulder, back, knee and other joints as well.
Research also shows that all of the chemical constituents in aloe vera are very important in the healing process as they seem to work in a synergistic way.
Online Pharmacy reminds that this natural remedy isn’t intended for fast cure, as you may see the aloe vera benefits such as the reduction of the inflammation symptoms in 3 to 30 days. The results also depend on your health condition.