Nature has provided us with herbs, foods, and other natural remedies, which can be used for treating arthritis at home and they do not cause any adverse reaction. These natural anti-inflammatories can be your healthy alternatives compare to the drugs. At least, there are 8 of them that work.
Arthritis is a general term used to describe a number of painful conditions that involve the joints and the bones. Two of the main types are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Osteoarthritis is the most common, but there are more than 200 other forms. Though it is often associated with old people, it also affects children (juvenile idiopathic arthritis).
These are 8 commonly used natural anti-inflammatories source for treating arthritis at home:
1. Omega 3 is the one of the most well-known sources, and is found in most fish. Salmon is the best, especially salmon from fresh water lakes due to the pollution. Also, anchovies, sardines and mackerel make up the list of best sources.
Fish Oil rich in omega 3 is also considered one of the supplements that has proven to lessen the joint and chronic pain in RA. This becomes the safe option rather than celebrex and vioxx.
2. Turmeric (curcumin) has been identified to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This herb relieves pain by reducing the inflammation of the joint. Some sufferers indeed experience the result by consuming moderate quantities on a regular basis. It’s also known to be able to prevent the bone loss.
3. Kelp is also good and recognized as a traditional medicine for arthritis. You can find this variety of seaweed lives on rocky shores. It’s able to boost immunity and help alleviate the pain by taking it internally or applying it externally.
4. Ginger (Zingiber officinale) effects are so potent. Many research show it as one of the herbs that gives various levels of relief from inflammation and pain to the sufferers. Some of the people even called it as the herbal aspirin.
5. Bromelain. This enzyme has anti-inflammatory effects and is able to suppress the pain and inflammation of sport injuries, osteoarthritis and RA, and other joint inflammatory conditions. This is used as an alternative for Cox 2 inhibitors and NSAID’s.
6. White Willow Bark is known as the one of the oldest herbal arthritis remedies. It has salicin, the same active ingredient found in aspirin. But this is with no side-effects and considered more effective because of the other active components in it.
7. Aloe Vera (Barbadensis miller) is a strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory. It can immediately reduce some of the pain and bring mobility to the people with joint dysfunction. You can apply it externally or consume it to help you from the inside.
8. Systemic enzyme is a healthy, safe and natural substitute for COX2 inhibitors and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as aspirin and ibuprofen) which are prescribed usually for joint and arthritis pain. This supplement can relieve pain, helps reduce muscle/joint inflammation, and the marker of inflammation (C-reactive proteins).
When you use those home remedies, you should also look at your diet. Pay attention to the foods that cause harm and counterbalance the good effects of natural remedies. White flour, red meat, carbohydrates, and even dairy products can cause harm to the body.
Arthritis is caused by swelling of the bones and joints, so that list of natural anti-inflammatories is obviously good for this condition, though they are unlikely to be the cures for this condition.